Thursday 27 November 2008

Last day of teaching in 2008

Time for updating again... Well, actually nothing much to do today, so Im resting at home in the morning and went out for shopping in the afternoon. Since the weather seems not good today, so we decided to go home earlier. Ermm just go to Plaza Athirah and First Emporium Seri. Susah jua cari parking cos ppl oledi got their salary, so buzy and crowded. I cant imagine how will it look like at gadong. Anyway, today can be a very important day for me as it is my last day teaching at evening class huhuhu :( so sad liao. Doesnt mean that I already resign but it ends my lesson/ class this year. Thus, if I were given the chance to teach again next year by the govt, it will be probably around February la.



I went online at 6pm and chatting with some frens and my sister. Suddenly, heavy rainfall again! Gosh, I felt like I was lazy to teach tonight. Why? Cos I really dun like to teach while raining... banjir, bising + sejok. Nevertheless, I just tried to make it cos I hate replacement class; I took shower and had my simple dinner before I left my house. On the way to my work place, I received a msg from one of my students (a Filipino student, Rhea D. Soon). She felt sorry that she couldnt come to the class again this time. Two days ago, she also couldnt make it. Haitzzz no problem :)


Rhea: Laoshi, Im sorry again this time I really cannot come to the class because of my workload. So when are we going to have another class?



Me: Actually, tonight is our last lesson. According to my letter of appointmnt, we can teach only up to 29th November 08, so Im not sure if the gate will be opened on Sunday.



Rhea: Owh ok. Thanks for teaching. I really appreciate u and really hope that you will become our teacher again next time. Bye!



Me: No problem. All the best from me about ur works, etc. And have a nice holiday... Wan an



The msg was really touching. For me, who is still new in this field, I have to thank Rhea cos she always support me by chatting with me, giving guidance and asking me lots of questions Lol... There were only few students who came to the class. Im not surprised with that numbers anyway, already used to it since July in which the number of my students started to deteriorate. Sesakku.... but what to do kan. My students are not kids anymore, they are all ranging from teenagers to adult. Mind their own business haha.



I teach for only 45 mins, I guess. Cos due to heavy rain, my students didnt come so early, so do I .... hehehe. While teaching and giving them short exercises, I chatted with my students about travelling...cos I like to travel, but now still cannot afford ler. Need to save more $$$. Started about going to Miri as Maznah, my student, is planning to go there this coming Saturday... Wah, best nya, its quite for a long time I have never been there. Then we chat chat and chat about going to Singapore, Batam, Labuan, Japan, Taiwan, HK and UK. Hmm feel wanna go there ASAP.



Soon as I dismissed my class, I felt shock as my class was the only one who learnt tonight. Errr so dark liao, I was alone. Hurry....go home. Suddenly, I saw a young lady on a corridor, seems like one of my students. Yeahh my guessing was rite. It was Rohana, another student who asked for forgiveness as she cannot come to the class, but somehow, she brought a present for me. Hehe.. It was an organizer, hmm thanks Rohana. I appreciate u. No need to susah2 lagi la. Ok. This is the first time in my life I got a present. She asked whether next year, I will teach them or not, and if other teacher teaches them, can she request to transfer to my class? Wow, I never feel this before. Im not proud of it. Other students including Rhea, Maznah, Samziah, etc also ever asked me the same question. As such, Im motivated to teach them in the future.



By the way, this is not the first time Im glad to become teacher. Its all happened when I started to teach at Sekolah Menengah Berakas where I was assigned for "teaching practice". Teaching is really a good profession and I really really like it. At certain times, I might get stress due to marking and preparing lessons but I enjoyed teaching!! There are many sweet moments which are unforgettable. I really miss all students who I taught - Form 4E, 4F and especially 4H. Though I was strict during that time, yet they still like me very much. For instance, during sport's day, I was invited for a birthday party (Form 4H). Toink!! So, to all my beloved evening class students, we will see la who gonna become ur teacher huh.... :-)



Keep in touch!!



The present that I received from Rohana



0 Comments:

Counting Days....

Chinese Daily Horoscope

Chinese Photo Dictionary & E-card

My Playlist


blogger templates | Make Money Online