Tuesday 26 August 2008

Buzy day today!!

Today was a tired day for me!! Really loss energy since morning till evening hehe but it was quite fun rather than too free all the time. I went to MOE at Ong Sum Ping this morning, giving my TP result. Hopefully, they will reply my application ASAP. This is the third time I have already applied :( yet they gave the same answer "there is still no such vacancy to teach Geography at the moment. Anyway, we will keep records of ur details bla bla bla". Not to say they rejected my application but soon there will be vacancy, then only they will inform me. Later, I went to Kiulap to meet my nephew. I was thinking to bring him lunch at Qlap mall as well as looking for new dvds. I bought "the number 23", the actor is Jim Carrey. Feeling hungry, we had our lunch at Jollibee. Me and my younger brother ate rice with fried chicken but my nephew didnt order anything, perhaps he was full already after his mum brought him makan.
Soon after we had finished our dinner, my sister fetched her son and later, we went to Kedai Kominis to find new dvds again hehe... Gosh, I bought 8 dvds today. Crazy larrr... Tmw Im free and gonna watch them. We arv home about 2pm and I slept for an hour plus. Maybe I was so tired that morning. Now I start to think what shud I teach for my Evening class students. So I made preparation and come out with an idea >>> I wanna test their listening skills on the system of Hanyu Pinyin. So earlier tonite, I brought my laptop to the class. First thing to do was continuing our previous lesson:
第六课: 我们去游泳,好吗?
This time, I dont teach them any conversation as we had already learnt last week. So I just gave them a simple test on listening by distributing the papers in which I will say the hanyu pinyin and they will circle the right pinyin which they hear from my mouth :) Then, I explain to them some of the words that new to them such as 俄国,法国, etc. I also elaborate the usage of tone sandhis such as 你好,我很好,一下,不要,不能,etc. In the paper, there were also lots of chinese characters where they can practice writing. So I just asked them to finish it at home. I can feel this lesson was quite successful since the students also gave positive feedbacks...haha thanks a lot. Throughout the lesson, we had several jokes which made the class more entertaining, thanks to those two sisters from Tutong :)
The second part of the listening was by using my laptop. This time I wrote the chinese character on the board and let the students hear the pronunciation from my chinese software. This is the funniest thing. Most of them didnt have clue what they heard. And few of them...yeahhh can be said "mental" hahaha due to lack of focus. Perhaps they were still not get used to it. Thus, I have to put pressure on them especially listening part and writing.
Anyhow, one of my students (orang putih from Scotland) praised me for my creativity in teaching them in various ways. Last time, we learnt simple grammar, then moves on to introduction of new vocabulary on sports, conversation and lastly, listening skills. Thanks for the praise anyway.... I appreciate that... BUT I still believe I weak in this language and delivering of the lesson. I need more practice to teach and put extra effort....
I reached home about 9.30pm, and then have a dinner (kinda late ah).... I have gained my weight again :(
Now, its time for me to watch DVD.... heheee

0 Comments:

Counting Days....

Chinese Daily Horoscope

Chinese Photo Dictionary & E-card

My Playlist


blogger templates | Make Money Online